In a thrilling display of rugby union prowess, the Gunnedah Red Devils delivered a resounding performance, overpowering the Narrabri Blue Boars with a remarkable scoreline of 42 to 12. 

The highly anticipated clash took place on Saturday, June 17, at Narrabri, marking the end of round one of the competition and securing the Red Devils’ status as an undefeated force to be reckoned with.

Right from the kick-off, it was clear that the Gunnedah Red Devils meant business. 

The side quickly gained the upper hand, demonstrating its attacking prowess and defensive resilience. 

Led by captain, James Perrett, the Red Devils orchestrated a seamless offensive strategy that left the Blue Boars struggling to keep up.

The standout performer of the match was Emori Waqavulagi, who delivered a jaw-dropping display of skill and agility. 

With an exceptional performance, Waqavulagi crossed the try line four times in the first half. His contributions undoubtedly played a pivotal role in the Red Devils’ triumph.

Captain James Perrett, not to be outdone, showcased his leadership skills and on-field talent. Alongside his try, Perrett converted an impressive six goals, accumulating valuable points for the team and ensuring a commanding lead throughout the match. Ratu Vuibau and Lachie McArthur also etched their names onto the score sheet, adding to the Red Devils’ impressive try tally.

The Gunnedah Red Devils’ triumph serves as a testament to its unwavering commitment and hard work, both on and off the field. 

The coaching staff’s meticulous preparation and the players’ dedication have contributed to their stellar start to the season. With round one now concluded, the team will look to build on its momentum and continue the impressive winning streak.

Gunnedah reserve grade did not have the same success as the women and first grade teams, beaten 22-7 by the Narrabri Blue Boars. The only try scored by Gunnedah went to Timoci Rokosuka with the conversion successful by Jarrod Adams. 

To order photos from this page click here