Henry James (Harry) Cuell and his wife Rose (formerly Cavanough) appear to have established the Gunnedah brickworks on the existing Mullaley Road site in 1888. 

Pictured is a brick with the original Cuell markings, taken from the chimney of a residence at the corner of Conadilly and Ostric streets in Gunnedah. 

The brick was donated by Tom Lynch in 1999 to the Gunnedah Water Tower Museum.

Read more about Gunnedah brickworks here: Business built on strong foundation (gunnedahtimes.com.au)

To order photos from this page click here